TeamOG are looking into the use of the Ello social network. We are asking for the opinions of the Community Managers through a series of questions that we will also ask you on Twitter.
Before asking you our questions, let’s start with a quick overview of Ello, which is a social network that France discovered last week. Ello is a simplified social network created by an American named Paul Budnitz. Launched in late September, it is available on invitation only. The proposition of Ello is simple: it is ad-free, at least for the moment, and users’ habits and data are not tracked.
- An ultra-minimalist profile
This consists of a profile photo, a cover, a short bio, a website URL, subscribers and subscriptions as well as the last messages posted. Tabs also give access to a few extra features.
- The 5 features
- Friends: to create a list of friends and consult their messages. Ello advises users to limit their list of friends to 60 people, because the feed of messages takes up a lot of space.
- Noise: to search for a maximum amount of information. This list allows you to host more people. The flow is displayed in the form of a map.
- Discover: to discover new people to follow, and to search for users.
- Settings: to change username, name, bio or link. It is possible to choose to make a profile public or private.
- Invite: to invite 5 people by generating invitation codes.
- Our questions for Community Managers about Ello:
We want to know more about the use of Ello, particularly about the presence of brands on the network. So here are a few questions for those Community Managers who use it. A question will be posted daily on Twitter and we have listed them for you below:
Note that the Ello team has announced that it is working on a system of fee-based options with the aim of improving user experience.
- Have you tested Ello and what is your personal opinion?
- Do you think that brands have their place on Ello? Would you recommend it to the brands that you work with?
- If you had to communicate on Ello tomorrow, what would be your strategy ?
You can tweet your answers, mentioning our account @Over_Graph, answer directly on Ello if you have an account or leave a comment below. And feel free to folllow us on the network : @over-graph. Thank you for helping us learn more about Ello!